Some points about Mankel Gas Forges to consider.
- The liner in the round-bottomed Knifemaker model will hold up to repeated use of flux and forge-welding heat, without requiring replacement.
- Liners in the other Mankel models hold up to regular use better than those of most of the other gas forges available.
- Adjustable air and gas flow allow for better burn and temperature control in various atmospheric conditions.
- Adjustable top height, using additional firebrick and longer threaded rods on all models allows for working larger stock.
- All 4 models of Mankel gas forge can be ordered for use with either propane or natural gas, and can be switched from one to the other at any time, with minimal equipment change.
- Any model of Mankel gas forge can be ordered with either an electric blower or with a 12-volt DC blower, for use where electricity is not available.
- The 2-burner models weigh 90-110 pounds, making them very portable. The 3-burner models weigh 130-170 pounds.
- We have spoken with multiple customers who have been using a Mankel gas forge for 35 years or more, without need of repair and are just now calling for replacement liners or other parts.
For questions on the Mankel gas forge, additional information, or advice on what model is right for you, please email or call us 888-743-4866 with your questions.